Sunday, April 17, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

My rough draft is pretty well done I believe. I think there is a decent amount for me to still edit and add to my paper but so far I believe I am in a good position. My rough draft can be found here

  • Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know.
I think that it is necessary to keep the explanation of the Fourth Amendment, the NSA, and the Patriot Act. It may seem to get away from the point of the paper but I think that it is necessary for it to be in my paper to give the reader the necessary background information. I do not think it is a weakness or strength, just something that needed to be explained.

  • Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses).
One thing I know is that there is a lack of logos in the paper as well as a lack of citations for quotes that I use. I am working on putting these things in my final draft.
  • Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)
I believe that I do a good job of discrediting the opposing opinion with facts and a detailed argument that shows that the NSA is necessary for the protection of our country.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jack!

    I think that you have a good start right now, but I have some suggestions for you to make it even better. First, you'll definitely want to include some inline citations rather than just links at the bottom of your page. Second, your first couple of paragraphs seem more like a story than an essay, but changing a few sentences should help there. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete