Thursday, February 11, 2016

Peer Review 2

I reviewed Alec's podcast  and he did very well by my standards. I also reviewed Mike's quick reference guide and he also did well to me. This experience of reviewing others' drafts gave me a lot of insight that can help improve not only their drafts but mine as well.

1. One thing that I learned from reviewing my peers' drafts is that I have much that I can improve. There are things such as improving how my QRG looks visually, including a time period, as well as adjusting my wording in areas. I also learned that I have done well up to this point. I feel that I have a few things to tweak but for the most part, I have done well.

2. The number one problem with my current draft is that I do not include a time period section and what is happening around my controversy. I need to add this section in order to provide the audience with a view of the world at this time. The next problem that I have is that I need to make my QRG easier on the eye. I need to add some pictures and pull out quotes as well as breaking up my current paragraphs so it does not seem as endless to the reader. The final problem is that I need to adjust my "The Change" section to where it is more gripping and brings the reader in more effectively. I can do this by adjusting the format as well as some of the wording.

3. My strongest point in my draft is my description of the setting as well as the stakeholders. I feel that these are quality descriptions that accurately portray these groups and the city of  Seattle as well. I can build on this by adjusting the format of these sections to be more visually appealing. The next strongest part of my draft are the quotes that I chose. These truly strengthen the opinions and statements made. I can build on this by emphasizing these quotes in the paper by the format. The final strength in my draft is how I end it. I think that my conclusion truly emphasizes my points and sums up my draft well. If I can adjust this a little and review it a little more it can appear even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment