Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

This post made me realize why I write the way I do involving pronouns that it is effective to use pronouns in particular ways.

1.    Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?

I believe that my pronoun usage is very well done. I am very clear with who I am talking about at the specific point in my QRG and this allows the reader to understand more clearly what is happening in the story.

2.    Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author? If not, why not? Explain why you're choosing to leave your audience out of your writing. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but you should be able to give a sophisticated explanation of your choices.

The only point where I speak to the audience directly is when I am describing Seattle. I think that this is very effective because it makes the reader feel more connected to the description that I am giving. The reason that I do not address them in the rest of my writing is because I feel I am telling them a story that does not involve them. I am informing them not talking about them.

 
Fagen, Adam. "Sunset Over Puget Sound" 10/04/08 via Flickr.
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License

No comments:

Post a Comment