Monday, March 21, 2016

Editorial Report 1

This Editorial Report helped me begin the process of editing my project and see where I needed to make changes in my podcast.

  1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I decided to cut some chunks out of my audio because I felt that they were not only taking up precious time, but actually hurting the quality of my podcast as well. The reason for this is because looking back on it, I think that my choice of words were not very good and the new version gets to the same desired point without as much useless audio.
  1. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
I also decided to amplify parts of the audio in my final draft of this section, because the audience could not here the audio very well. One example of this is when I am introducing myself in the rough draft, the audience can barely hear my name. This way, the audio syncs up better and the audience will not have to try so hard to listen to what I am saying.



Selection From Rough Cut
https://clyp.it/cdeodmuy

Re-Edited Selection
https://clyp.it/zfjpqgae

No comments:

Post a Comment